Get an inside look at the people, places, experiences and ideas that move us.
Uber will Deactivate riders with Below Average Rating.
Published on 30 May 2019
People who misbehave, cancel rides, don’t pay or throw up in the back of the Uber, your time is up. Uber released new policies governing the app and you may lose your account if you keep acting up. Uber is planning on updating their community guidelines and that will mean that if you fall below the average rating, your account will be deactivated.
You didn’t know you have a rating? Well you do. You’re not the only one who can rate, your Uber driver also rates you at the end of the trip so if you’ve been naughty you may want to clean up your act. Before your account is deactivated, you will receive tips on how to improve your rating, if you fail you get kicked out. Period.
Uber drivers are deactivated if their rating falls below 4.6 which is relatively high but there has been no word from the company on what the minimum will be for riders. A lot of people are unaware that their drivers rate them plus they add comments on how you behaved on your trip.
Uber has always had community guidelines on what could get you kicked off the app but no one ever reads them. But if you’re wondering what they look like or where to find them you can find them here. Though it is quite a lengthy read so we will just tell you the basics that can get you out of the app:
- No open containers of alcohol in the Uber.It is illegal in most countries to have alcohol containers open in a care, so don’t do that.
- Do not assault your driver or yell at them. Respect goes a long way. It may shock you that this rule had to written down but there are situations where it actually happened.
- Do not be late. If you order an Uber and then make your driver wait 30 minutes for you, you may get deactivated. It’s common courtesy to be punctual so try to be on time for once.
- You are responsible for your friends. Say you go out on the town, you had a good time and now it’s time to go home and you call an Uber for you and your friends you are now responsible for everything that they do on the trip. This means that if one of them vomits, sexually assaults the driver or destroys the car you will get your account deactivated. Take care of your friends.
- No discrimination. Of any kind to the driver based on race, origin, religion, gender identity, gender,sex (yes there’s a difference go read about it), national origin or sexual orientation.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Do not have sex in the Uber. With anyone including your date. Just keep your hands to yourself but also do not touch yourself.
If you follow a few of these rules you will be able to protect yourself from getting kicked off the platform.